Thursday, August 18, 2011

The silly gene

I vant to suck ver blood!
Sometimes you need to be a little silly.  I mean, when I am overcome by a good mood that uplifts my heart and my step...it creeps out into a sing-song voice and actions.

I can literally bounce around the house and act crazy.  The dumbest thoughts come to mind and I actually say them.  It certainly makes for an interesting day which leaves people scratching their heads, but with a smile.

I think it's genetic.

Growing up, each of us had our own chores to do: clean the bathroom, do the dishes, mow the lawn, or take care of the laundry.  If we didn't do our chores, we didn't get allowance.

Being the awesome sister that I am, I sometimes helped my sister in the kitchen.  We would turn on our favorite music and dance around while we put away the dishes.  Fun times.  I highly recommend all sisters to have that joy.

One fateful day, which will be forever engrained on my memory, my sister and I were doing our usual antics in the kitchen to a Five Iron Frenzy CD when my mother walked back into the room.  She took one look at us and laughed.

It was probably 5 seconds that she stood there and just watched us.  And then something overcame her.  She grabbed the nearest item (which just so happened to be a spatula), and joined in.

Here's the song (if you can get through the first 45 seconds of "When I go out") to help you picture it.  Keeping perfect time, my mother pranced--that's right, pranced--through the kitchen and into the living room, spatula swinging and all.



My sister and I collapsed on the floor laughing.  When we could breathe again, we stood up and gave our mom a great big hug, because not everyone has such an amazing mother.

And now we know where we get it from.

3 comments:

  1. So funny! I love your mom! :) Great post Becky. :)-Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so weird. But I understand, not everybody can be normal like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a great post!! Too funny to think of Mom grabbing a kitchen utensil & joining in, but I believe you!! Love the pic of the 2 of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...