Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall coats!

Last week, if you had been looking for me, you would of had to search in dressing rooms.  The shopping bug hit me and I couldn't stop my credit card from swiping it's way to a merry fall wardrobe.  One thing I did not expect to buy, yet somehow couldn't help myself:  Coats.

The first store I walked in might as well of had a spotlight and flashing neon lights on a clearance rack.  Granted, most items weren't that amazing to look at if one was over the age of 12.  However, at a hastily shoved on end, a ruffled, white coat caught my eye.

Ooooh, that's cute.  I snatched it up and meandered on back to the dressing rooms.  Within minutes, and with a friend's squealed "it's so cute," it was mine.

Then we moved on to the second store.  Not only were there coats, there were capes.  Capes:  a fusion of a coat and a poncho (in my mind).

Now, ponchos are a weakness for me.  I just can't pass them up.  They come in a close second to scarves...just ask anyone who saw me during the years I spent around Ecuador.  Markets are filled with ponchos and scarves galore!  They're so pretty, I can't help but buy them.  It might be a compulsion...plus, at $2.50 per scarf (typically), and that price goes down the more you buy...

It's called haggling.  Don't judge.

Anyway, if you look in my closet, you'll find 10 to 15 ponchos...and boxes of scarves.  But let's not dwell on that, shall we?

Cute?  Definitely.

Warm?  Hopefully.

Necessary?  Uhm.... The manfriend said I could buy it.

(In my defense, I did pass up two coats I really liked at the same store.  Plus, the white coat was 50% off.)

Ignore the really bad lighting (hence, no head).  That's lighting in a dressing room for you.  But isn't it awesome?

2 comments:

  1. That is super cute. But no pic of the white one?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I never took a picture of it...but I should.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...