Saturday, July 2, 2011

I think too much about food

I am by no means a gourmet chef, but I do pretty well in the kitchen, if I do say so myself.  I just finished making a mushroom, onion, and feta omelette with kiwi on the side for breakfast.  Obviously, not my breakfast.

Maybe it's the mushrooms that tipped you off.  I never did acquire the taste for them.  Or maybe it's the slimy texture that keeps me at bay.  That isn't to say I haven't dabbled with them...(if you ever go to Hay Jay's Bistro in Liberty Lake, they not only have nice pricey food, they have served me delicious mushrooms).

Or maybe it's the kiwi.  Some of you know I'm allergic to them.  Severe pain and wanting to die?  Not exactly what I want to accompany my meal.  I think I'll pass, no matter how beautiful and tasty kiwi is.

I, myself, am eating scrambled eggs and toast.  A lot less glamourous, isn't it?  But soon I'll be walking over to the Farmer's Market to browse their selection.  Alright, so there hasn't been much thus far this year, but I'm a big proponent of buying local and organic and all that tasty goodness.  Hopefully I'll find some veggies to stock the fridge over here...and if I hit up the grocery store, I might find some tasty fruit as well, which has disappeared from this kitchen.  Raspberries.  Yes.  That's what I want.  Raspberries with their tart berry goodness.  I can't get enough of them.  By the by, Costco has been selling half flats of them for a very reasonable price...(You'd think that 6 containers of 6 oz. of raspberries would go bad before I could possibly eat them all...yet it has yet to happen.)

You know what raspberries go best with?  Molten lava cake.  Garnished with raspberries and a raspberry sauce.  Mmmmm. Lava cake.

I'm buying chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE raspberries!! I'm always tempted to get them from Costco, but figure I would never eat them all before they go bad. Glad to know you are taking up my slack :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...