Thursday, September 29, 2011

Who cares about the environment?

I do!  I feel rather strongly about it, to be honest.  But I won't wrestle my way onto my soapbox at this point.  Instead, I'll let this beautiful song by Gloria Trevi tell you...because frankly, cause and effect, people.  Cause and effect.  If we don't take care of the earth, why do we think there won't be an environmental backlash?  Our actions have consequences!  (So recycle!)
Espanol: Y ahora te sorprendes
Fui para ti, un haz de sol, calida brisa en tu piel, fresca cascada...
Y yo te di los colores de un bosque en Abril y mis frutos de un busto sutil, una estrella de mar y mi aroma de tierra mojada.
Y a ti, te dio por volverme cenizas por arrancar de raiz tanta vida, por contaminarme del cielo hasta el suelo - corrompiendo el aire hasta hacerlo veneno.
Y ahora te sorprendes, con el trueno de mi voz, el diluvio de mis ojos, y mi amor en extincion.  Y ahora te sorprendes, por que todo se acabo, te sacude un terremoto ahora que te digo adios.
Fuiste Tu. No Fui Yo.
Pues Yo te di una aurora para compartir, una estrella para pedir un deseo para ti,
No habia nada que yo te negara y a ti te dio por hacerme pedasos, por ensuciarme el futuro, el pasado, por contaminarme del cielo hasta el suelo - corrompiendo el aire hasta hacerlo veneno
Y ahora te sorprendes, con el trueno de mi voz, el diluvio de mis ojos, y mi amor en extincion.  Y ahora te sorprendes, por que todo se acabo, te sacude un terremoto ahora que te digo adios.
Fuiste Tu. No Fui Yo.
Fuiste Tu. No Fui Yo.
Fuiste Tu. No Fui Yo.


English:  And Now You're Surprised
I was for you a sun beam, the warm breeze on your skin, a fresh waterfall...
I gave you the colors of the April woods and the fruit of a subtle bust, a starfish and the scent of wet earth.  And to you, I gave for you to return me to ash, to tear out the root of life, to pollute me from the sky to the ground - corrupting the air to make it poison.
And now you're surprised, by the thunder of my voice, the downpour from my eyes, and my extinct love.
And now you're surprised, because everything ended, you shake with an earthquake now that I say goodbye.
It was you.  It wasn't me.
So, I gave you a dawn to share, a star to make a wish for you.
There wasn't anything that I refused you, and to you I gave, until you return me to pieces, dirty my future and my past, pollute from the sky to the ground, corrupting the air to make it poison.

And now you're surprised, with the thunder of my voice, the downpour from my eyes, and my extinct love.
And now you're surprised, because everything ended, you shake with an earthquake now that I say goodbye.
It was you.  It wasn't me.
It was you.  It wasn't me.
It was you.  It wasn't me.

And now I'm inching away from the confines of my soapbox...but give the environment a thought...(and save the rainforest!)

2 comments:

  1. Yep. A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy.
    I know you're not talking about animal rights here, but the radical environmentalist movement is just as bad (and related) in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care about the environment, but am not one for animal rights...I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not pro abuse even for animals, but I'm not about to dress up a dog as a person.

    But the environment matters to me. Just the same.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...