Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rainy days

It's rainy today.
It makes me crave soup.  And tea.  And a good book to curl up with on my bed.  Or in the chair downstairs where I can watch the rain splash down.

Rain can make the world a happier place.  I know that traditionally rain is thought to be depressing, due to dark clouds and heavy downpour, but it's comforting at the same time.  It's familiar.  It's enduring.  Rain always comes, always goes.  It nourishes the earth and the plants that bring me my delicious food.  (Yay for comfort food!)  It trudges along with it a feeling of peace, of sameness.

Hearing the rain brings back memories of so many other days inside listening to the rain beat down as it bears witness to the mundane.  Yet the memories bring the mundane to life again, and give it a spark, an unending "this is life" feeling.
What do you think?  Does it make you happy or depressed to hear the rain on the window?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...