Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Scrooge moment

I've said it for years, and I'll say it again: There is something inherently wrong with celebrating Christmas on the eve and ignoring it on Christmas day.

Want to open one present a day early? Fine. Open two? Whatever floats your boat. Celebrate twice, once with the in-laws? More power to you. Ignore the actual holiday? That's a problem.

December 25th is a mutually agreed upon date to celebrate Jesus' birth...not the 24th.

I know the argument, I know, it's an arbitrarily picked date to begin with. Jesus wasn't born on Christmas. But then, if I can't celebrate with the rest of my countrymen on the agreed-upon date, please allow me to pick my own date to celebrate.

But, since it is Christmas day today, have a very merry one.  Spend time with your friends and family, open up presents and remember the reason for the season.

2 comments:

  1. Did you celebrate on Both days? We did. I think we even celebrated a little on Christmas eve eve. And we might even talk about Jesus' birth tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I celebrated with my family on Christmas eve, and then celebrated with the fiancé today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...