Thursday, January 5, 2012

Big Bang

The fiancé and I recently purchased seasons 2 and 3 of the Big Bang Theory, as it is one of my favorite sitcoms. At first, the fiancé was not overly excited, as sitcoms aren't typically his thing. He tends to lean more toward overarching themes and plot development (no matter how slow) as critical show traits.

Nonetheless, I sat him down and made him stomach an episode or two.  The amount of laughter exploding from the couch next to me rivals my father watching a comedy for the 3rd time...it barely ceases.

By the third episode, he's as hooked as I am.  Blissfully, we sit down and catch up with Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, and the others.  Unfortunately, I notice a disturbing fact...the fiancé's favorite character is none other than spectrum-ridden Sheldon.

For the past several days I've heard "what would Sheldon do?" more than I care to admit.  It permeates our lives from sitting on the couch to grocery shopping or eating at a restaurant.  I might have created a monster.

But, to ease my pain, here is my favorite excerpt from the entire show (or at least the first three seasons thus far):

It's the king of all awkward hugs!  It makes me feel better about my hugging aversion.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the clip and I don't even watch the show!! Cracks me up that he was belly-laughing as hard as your dad--that's quite alot!!
    I didn't realize you had a hugging aversion, but that's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...