Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fog

Source: flickr.com via michelle on Pinterest

I don't know what it is, but fog makes me happy.

I realize it makes 99% of people upset, annoyed, frustrated (you name it).

But I enjoy it.

Fog blankets the earth in it's dense grasp, offering serenity in it's fingertips.  Today, as I drove to work, my world was pure gold.  When I clicked off my radio, the day was silent, as if on the verge of a new rhythm.  Beyond the cars alongside me, the world was calm.

I didn't see cars flying down the side streets.  No traffic lights blinked at me.  I didn't see people running toward various destinations.  No bright signs flashed at me.

It was just calm.

Of course, foggy days make me think of this song.  Don't get me wrong - it's a beautiful, upbeat song, and it mentions fog...but, well, the title is "Perdidos en la noche" aka "Lost in the Night".  So, obviously, waaay off.  But, well, it's Diego Torres, and he's happy and upbeat and every foggy day, I think of bruma and this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...