Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Culinary Experiences

The afternoon included heaven on earth.
Passionfruit Gelato
Subliminal.


Divine.

Really. I could die happy with my hand wrapped around the bowl and the spoon in my mouth.  I probably wouldn't even notice a bullet or a stab wound.  I'm too enthralled in the deliciousness that is in front of me.

I mean, how can you not smile while eating creamy, delicious, tartness?
I certainly can't.

We, of course, decide that dinner wouldn't be complete if we didn't have a dessert, so give in to the sweet tooth and purchase a lemon strawberry tart and a mint chocolate....something.  The label doesn't say what this mint chocolate creation is, but perhaps its a mousse, or cake?  It's beautiful, either way.
Strawberry Lemon Tart

Mint Chocolate
They'll be the perfect complement to A.'s new recipe:  Thai Peanut Chicken with noodle salad and steamed veggies.
Okay, so dinner itself was too much to eat.  Dessert didn't pan out.  But the idea was good.  Peanuts, coconut milk, scallions, and cilantro...with some amount of spice added in....scrumptious!  I salute A.'s culinary abilities and am definitely asking for this recipe.

Now it's off to plan what to eat at the lake...maybe this will make the list, or a version of my Greek Veggie Sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...