Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hasta cuando, Puerto Rico

I recently cancelled my tickets to Puerto Rico.

I'm not going to lie, I cried. I wanted to keep my reservation more than anything this summer. However, the legalistic and logical argument won out against what my heart yearned for.

Go to Puerto Rico and spend $2,000 that should be applied to school loans. Granted, have the time of my not-quite-so-young life in San Juan...but sorting out the jumble that is my new profession and saving the money for more practical things begin to weigh down the scale. What ultimately forces the decision is my reasons for going have been swept out the door and my car has decided it has had enough of being complacent and wants to take itself to the spa...or rather, go on vacation itself.

I so prefer to follow the heart and adventure, but I guess it has to be tempered. There's always next year to sneak off to a tropical destination, introduce new visitors to Ecuador's warm shores, or finally make this childhood dream of Puerto Rico come to fruition.

For now, it's the time of the School Loans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...